Embracing Freedom

Embracing Freedom. Grace is my story. Hope is my anchor. Joy is my strength. Laughter is my song.

Friday 21 March 2014

Five Minute Friday - Joy Restored

Go.

She sits, with this look of absolute delight. Her face glows and it’s obvious something is going on. She looks different, she has this spark. There is this cheeky, wild, wonderful sense about her. And it draws us in. It’s so … so … so … majestic. Like a dramatic transformation has occurred, from the inside out. Her eyes shine, with a depth that just can’t be explained.

It’s like she’s been stripped bare of the guilt and shame of the past, and all she can see is what’s ahead; a glorious future. Just looking at her makes me want to dance, to jump, to spin in circles, to do cartwheels, to sing loud.

 What she’s got, she’s exuding, and it’s contagious. I want that, more than anything, right at this moment, I want THAT! 

She’s been restored, renewed, redeemed, and she knows it, she gets it … like … REALLY gets it! And it shows, it shows in her eyes, in her smile, in her countenance. Joy.

“Restore unto me the joy of my salvation, and renew a right spirit within me”


Stop. 

Today I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for five minute Friday, a bunch of people write for five minutes on a prompt word (Joy), 5 minutes only, no editing, no perfecting, just real and raw as it comes. 

Five Minute Friday

9 comments:

  1. "A cheeky, wild, wonderful sense..." Love that! When I think about the grace I've been shown, and forgiveness, I feel kind of cheeky and wild. It's amazingly freeing, isn't it? God is good all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entire post just exudes happiness and I love it. Makes me want to join in the dancing and spinning and jumping too! Thank you for that <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! I am visiting from FMF! thank you for sharing your thoughts on JOY! I enjoyed reading your thoughts! I hope to come back again

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes. To see joy in others creates that longing in us. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, Yeah, it's amazing how contagious it can be if we allow it :D

      Delete
  5. I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also visit this
    website on regular basis to take updated from most up-to-date news.


    Also visit my website; how to get rid of chipmunks

    ReplyDelete